Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Big Bus - day 1


January 20:  We bought tickets for the Big Bus.  They were running an off-season special; pay for one day and get the second day free.  The bus drove all over London with an audio commentary about what we were seeing.  You could get on and get off anywhere you wanted to.  We quickly discovered that we couldn’t see a tenth of what there was to see.  We were cold.  The temperature was hovering just above freezing and the top of the bus was open.  I forgot to bring the long underwear that I bought specifically for this trip, and wished I had my long coat instead of my jacket.  We jumped off at Hambley’s Toy Store.  It is advertised as the biggest toy store in the world.  There were four floors and we wandered around all of them.  Wayne loves gadgets and the remote controlled helicopter (with a gyro) got his attention.  There was also a flying saucer that was intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment